About Kenneth Sufka, PhD
- Dr. Kenneth Sufka is a Professor of Psychology at the University of Mississippi with joint appointments in Pharmacology, Philosophy, and the National Center for Natural Products Research.
- Dr. Sufka has published over 70 articles and chapters in the areas of chronic pain, stress-related disorders and consciousness. Three - 2013 publications led to a US-PTO patent issue last April for a drug-efficacy screening assay for treatment-resistant depression.
- Dr. Sufka has received his campus' Outstanding Teaching Award, Student Service Award, and Faculty Research Achievement Award. In 2014, Dr. Sufka was named Mississippi's CASE-Carnegie US Professor of the Year.
- Dr. Sufka is the author of The A Game; Nine Steps to Better Grades, a student-oriented academic success book adopted by many colleges including UNLV, Washington State, University of Oregon, and University of Mississippi.
- At the MASN's Convention, Dr. Sufka will be overviewing his book and giving nursing students helpful tips to aid in the success needed to complete the difficult nursing curricula.